Systems Administrator / IT Support Engineer
SeekZen Systems is seeking a full-time Systems Administrator / IT Support
Engineer. We are a small, but growing computer service firm servicing the technology needs of small
to medium sized businesses and non-profits in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Analyze and work with clients to find technical solutions that meet their
Recommend key technical and purchasing specifications for clients' core
infrastructure, based upon collected analysis of the clients' business needs
Document all technical details for each client, including ticket history
information and inventory
Support existing technical infrastructure, including server system
individual workstations, phones, mobile devices, printers, etc.
Train clients as needed
Perform quality audits to ensure standards and procedures
Technical Skill requirements
You should have solid experience with the following.
- Hardware: laptop/desktop and servers
- Systems administration of Microsoft Windows Server 2000-2003 and Small Business Server 2000-2003
- Microsoft DNS, DHCP, Routing & Remote Access (VPN), Terminal
- Systems administration of Microsoft Exchange Server 2000-2003 and related technologies
- Internet and networking concepts, both hardware and software
- Wireless networking concepts and application.
- Consumer and commercial routers, firewalls, security appliances,
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP Professional, & Vista
- Microsoft Office 2003 & 2007
- Symantec Corporate Anti-Virus and Mail Security (or equivalent)
- Barracuda Anti-Spam Firewalls (or equivalent)
- Consumer and commercial anti-spyware products
- Various common end-user applications (Quickbooks, Act!, etc)
- Commercial backup software, especially MSBackup and Veritas Backup
Exec (or equivalent)
- VNC and Microsoft Terminal Server, Remote Desktop Connection and/or
The following are not required, but are a bonus:
- Voice over IP (VoIP) experience, especially SIP protocol or H.323
Personal Skill requirements
Ability to communicate on the phone in a clear, understandable voice.
Able to provide courteous technical support to non-technical people and explain complex technology in every-day terms over the phone or email.
Be able to maintain composure & patience when faced with difficult
Detail-oriented and have excellent documentation skills.We do have a service level agreement, so
punctuality in responding to service requests is critical.
You enjoy working with people and have a happy and helpful disposition,
especially under pressure
If you do not have an answer to an issue, you know how to find it
quickly and autonomously
You can attack a problem from various angles and can think outside of
You have an analytical mind and can logically troubleshoot issues
starting with the most likely failure point
You are Microsoft certified (MCP or MCSE), or are willing to become certified
as a condition of employment
You can lift up to 30 pounds
This is a
full-time salaried exempt position.
We have a comprehensive benefits package, including paid holidays and PTO,
medical, vision, sabbaticals, retirement, commissions, paid exam fees, and the
option of telecommuting.
For interested applicants, please email your resume & cover letter to
careers at seekzen.com